When actors whirl off-stage for a quick-change, Teale Dvornik makes theatre magic happen. Teale has been a dresser on Broadway for the past six years, and ever the entrepreneur, she has grown a side business as a blogger/social media influencer with a niche in opening the stage door to give followers a glimpse behind the scenes on Broadway. Join host Sally Fuller as Teale “The Backstage Blonde” reveals how she glamorized an unglamorous job, how working in tech on Broadway is like getting into the Mafia, and more.
Meet Teale, the Backstage Blonde
- Wicked, rocks our socks off. Take a listen to it.
- You know what else rocks our socks off? [local theatre spotlight]
- Our favs: Wicked, Aladdin, The Prom, Summer: The Donna Summer Musical, the Radio City Rockettes, La MaMa, Hamilton, Cats, Courtney Rhodes Reed, Newsies, Jessica Vosk, Sweeney Todd, Broadway Roulette, Beauty and the Beast, Thoroughly Modern Millie,
- Special thanks to Peachy Corners Cafe and Roam for being the best editing offices.
- BGP would not be possible without behind-the-scenes team members Thomas Fuller and Elise Friderich.
What’s it like to work backstage on Wicked? Take a glimpse through Teale’s eyes.
Y’all, I’m sorry to say that in my intro to this episode, I mistakenly said Teale had been working on Broadway for the past five years because she started on Wicked in 2015… That’s apparently already been six years! Wild how time flies.
We would eternally appreciate any support you would like to give us to cover the costs of our microphones, sound equipment, headphones, domain name, and the 40+ hours we spend putting each episode together! Anchor Support