This might be the first ever podcast episode about a musical about a podcast.
Between various engagements playing Buddy Holly/everyone in Million Dollar Quartet, multi-talented performer and writer Michael Perrie, Jr. found a way to blend his love of both podcasts and musicals in his show My Favorite Podcast, a musical based on My Favorite Murder. For our fourth installment of the New Works Series, host Sally Fuller gets a new theatre BFF as she and Perrie discuss the art of writing comedy, the inexplicable magic of seeing your favorite musical for the first time, and much more. Listen to “Little Georgia Jewish Murder Girl,” an exclusive track from the musical, at the end!
About our guest… (in his own words)
Michael Perrie Jr, was born on a cool fall morning in Baltimore, Maryland where he immediately began attempting to make people laugh. This has never stopped. After graduating top of his class from Towson University with a BFA in Acting, he moved to NYC with his incredible wife Lacy Reily – to fully pursue the artists life. Now he lives in Jersey City, and is a full time Union Actor, Writer, and Composer/Lyricist always pushing to create the best art possible. Michael has been seen all across the World on TV, and all across North America on several National Tours, as well as countless regional productions. Commonly he is seen as Buddy Holly.
Michael loves a good craft drink, Musical Theatre, TV shows, cooking, and petting adorable dogs. Visit www.michaelperriejr.com/ for more information.
- My Favorite Podcast rocks our socks off. Take a listen to some demos on SoundCloud here (please note: as you might imagine of a musical about murder, these songs are not kid-friendly).
- You know what else rocks our socks off? Mill Mountain Theatre in Roanoke, Virginia. Go catch Mike Perrie Jr. as Carl Perkins in Million Dollar Quartet there this summer!
- The cast of My Favorite Podcast: Katherine Mattie Harris, Katie Nixon, Max Meyers, Jenna Napolitano, Sarah Warrick, Julia Feeley, and Alexis Loiselle
- MFP is directed by Lacy Reily with choreography by Katelyn Parish, musical direction by Rose Van Dyne, and graphic design by Molly Coyne.
- Special thanks to Peachy Corners Cafe and Roam for being the best editing offices.
- BGP would not be possible without behind-the-scenes team members Thomas Fuller and Elise Friderich.
Watch My Favorite Podcast on demand
It just so happens that My Favorite Podcast will be streaming through Virtual Venues Theatrical, August 12th-22nd, and you can buy tickets now by visiting the website here! Please note: This show is not rated G (they have more specifics about the content on the website).
“Love Triangles” from Mike’s POCKETMON with Brandon Pfeltz
As promised, some footage of Mike Perrie, Jr. in the national tour of Buddy: the Buddy Holly Story
When cast-mates are in the parking lot together on the Buddy Holly Story tour…
We would eternally appreciate any support you would like to give us to cover the costs of our microphones, sound equipment, headphones, domain name, and the 40+ hours we spend putting each episode together! Anchor Support