In the Broadway Ginger Podcast’s debut episode, we share our first introductions to the theatre world to discover that Sally fell in LOVE with The Scarlet Pimpernel as a child, and Ashley went full homeschooler on her Phantom of the Opera obsession by reading the book first. After making our case for why Les Mis=Aladdin, we take a deep dive into Les Miserables with a constructive dump on the 2012 movie.
- Les Miserables rocks our socks off. That’s basically it.
- Know who else knocks our socks off? The Pumphouse Players. Check out their amazing work and consider showing them some financial love.
- We talked really excitedly about a bunch of Broadway people we love, and we don’t want you to miss their names due to our fangirl speed, so here’s a list of our favs: Colm Wilkinson, Lea Salonga, Aaron Tveit, Samantha Barks, Anne Hathaway, Patti LuPone, Jane Krakowski, Terrence Mann (aka, T-Dog), Michael Maguire, and Frances Rufelle. Oh, and Hadley-freaking-Fraiser.
- Other mentions: Peter Pan, Cathy Rigby, Russell Crowe (bless his heart), Hugh Jackman, Matthew Morrison, #Ham4Ham, Finding Neverland, Robert Lindsay, Me and My Girl
- Special thanks to Crazy Love Coffeehouse, Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee, Ground & Pound Coffee, and Noble and Main for being the best editing offices.
Support Us: (please?) Anchor Support
For the budding theatre fans
For the fangirls
For the die-hards
- “The Les Mis Walk”
- “The Les Mis Scamper”
Patti LuPone was in the Anything Goes revival in 1987. That’s why she didn’t have time for any more Les Mis nonsense.
Yes, Mary Martin has left us now. She passed away in 1990.
We said “turntable” like a million times, and have subsequently realized it’s referred to as a “revolve.” Don’t @ us!
Theatre Etiquette Corner– Please don’t vape in the theatre. Just don’t do it.
Host- Sally Fuller. Co-host- Ashley Elliott. Audio engineer/technology wizard- Thomas Fuller.