In the Broadway Ginger Podcast’s second episode, two former homeschoolers go back to school. Or home. Or wherever theatre education can be found. Our trip down memory lane reveals that Sally starred in an in-the-round, living room production of The Little Mermaid as a child, and Ashley’s homeschool group might or might not have rehearsed an original play in a friend’s pool. Ashley gets an excuse to gush about the wonder that is Cathy Rigby as we take a deep dive into Broadway’s Peter Pan.
- Peter Pan rocks our socks off. That’s basically it.
- Know who else knocks our socks off? The Atlanta Lyric Theatre. Check out their amazing work and consider showing them some financial love.
- Our favs: Mary Martin, Cathy Rigby, Cyril Ritchard, Finding Neverland, Allison Williams, Christian Borle, Michael Park, Newsies, the Tony Awards, Johnson Ferry Christian Academy’s rockin’ middle school production of Peter Pan. And of course Our Boy Lucious Malfoy (aka Jason Isaacs).
- Other mentions: Peter Pan Live!, Christopher Walken (bless his heart),
- Special thanks to Crazy Love Coffeehouse, Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee, Ground & Pound Coffee, and Noble and Main for being the best editing offices.
Support Us: (please?) Anchor Support
For the budding theatre fans
For the fangirls
For the die-hards
As promised, here are a couple snapshots from that famed Sara Moore play Ashley and her friends did when she was 11, complete with a real horse!
Theatre etiquette corner– Stage Moms. Gotta love them.
Host- Sally Fuller. Co-host- Ashley Elliott. Audio engineer/technology wizard- Thomas Fuller.